BLOG OF TEAM NOKUSE,
VOLUNTEERS IN THE AUBURN EFFORT

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Y'all Come Back Now, You Hear?

Lots of traffic here today as a couple of prominent blogs have posted links. As I write, the visitor counter (bottom of the page) is 125. It was 18 this morning, but until now we've been flying under the radar. Not much to tell yet, so I hope there's no disappointment; our newly organized group won't be hitting it hard until well after Thanksgiving. We want to make this informative and interesting, whether you're a hard-boiled skeptic or a true believer. Let's hope it gets really interesting. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

mountainman0826 said...

As a native Alabamian (and semi-naturalized Texan - I was born and bred on Lookout Mountain in north Alabama), I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the beautiful wild areas in Alabama and the Florida Panhandle. As a young man, I spent time in southwest Alabama in Choctaw County. A relict population of black bears existed in the deep woods in the corner of southwest Alabama. Very few academics were aware of the bears' existance in the late 1970's and early 1980's, but the pulpwooders and backwoodsmen knew! Later, the bears' existance was documented and they were officially "discovered". Congratulations on the work you all have done to this point in documenting the "Lord God Bird", or, as some in the South referred to it many years ago, the "Good God Bird". I wish you the best of luck in the coming season. I look forward to seeing a cover picture in Nat. Geographic soon!