BLOG OF TEAM NOKUSE,
VOLUNTEERS IN THE AUBURN EFFORT

Friday, May 11, 2007

Frankie

I know, it's been a while. My involvement in the volunteer search has dropped off somewhat as other responsibilities, long postponed, have demanded attention. Monitoring Red-cockaded Woodpeckers in Alabama has occupied much of my time lately, and using a pole-mounted video camera I've observed eggs and chicks of several breeding pairs in the past couple of weeks, which has been fun. Needless to say, there has not been much to tell, ivorybill-wise, but I do feel bad about not posting at least something esoteric for a whole month. A couple of days ago my friend Frankie Green told me how tired she was of seeing the April 8 water snake post. So...

Bill Pulliam has posted an amusing reference to a different Frankie over at Notes from Soggy Bottom. It's as good a hypothesis I've seen as to why we have all these sightings and sounds, yet no photo. If you don't get Bill's "Benjy Pecker and Frankie Pecker" reference, Google "Benjy, Frankie, forty-two," or better yet, read lots of Douglas Adams. Thanks, Bill.

More here later. Eventually.

No comments: