BLOG OF TEAM NOKUSE,
VOLUNTEERS IN THE AUBURN EFFORT

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Woodpecker Sign?


Readers (all seven of you) have been clamoring for an update, but there's not a lot to tell just now. To pass the time here's a church sign I saw yesterday. Since wood-boring beetles, termites, carpenter bees, beavers, etc. likewise could have given Noah fits, it's probably best not to analyze that one too closely. Local churches are always attempting witty phrases on their marquees ("God answers knee mail" is a real groaner), and this is probably my only possible segue into another memorable sign I photographed in November:




Yep, good Southern Baptists borrowing from an old beer slogan. (If you're too young to remember, a vintage "For all you do, this Bud's for you" TV commercial is viewable here.)

The two above are real. I promise. But in Googling "church marquee" I found this cool site that lets you create your own virtual marquees. I really like this one:




Stay tuned for more serious stuff, and thanks for indulging the off-topic post. If we don't update often enough, it's probably because we're just busy.

1 comment:

cyberthrush said...

thanks for the comic relief! ...much appreciated.